Wednesday, 13 July 2011

IPod App Exploration

As part of our group project, is an in depth look at possible Assistive Technology (AT) that would assist students with disabilities in acheiving a product, in our case a blog. One area I am researching is students with Operational Defiant Disorder (ODD). It has been found that a source of ODD comes from experiencing anxiety in some form (e.g. trauma,stress). In order to assist students with ODD in the classroom would be to create a structured behaviour plan with reward system as well as possible opportunities for relaxation or time away. I have found some IPod apps (see below) that would assist in these areas.

1) An app for organization of tasks or assignments is called "RoundToIt"
2) Apps for tracking rewards and behaviour are called "iRewardChart" & "Golden Ticket"
http://a4cwsn.com/?p=873 (to view video of "Golden Ticket" app)
3) Apps for relaxation are called "Relax", "iBonsai" & "Gratitude Journal"

An app I used on my IPod for personal use today was the camera app. Please forgive me if this is TMI (too much information) but I thought it was a neat experience. I made a video of my pregnant belly for approx. 10 minutes to watch as the baby kicked. In addition to that, I recorded the times within my notes app that the baby kicked. When I download the video to my laptop I will be able to show the grandparents and we can specifically watch for the babies movements. It actually was pretty exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment