Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Reflection on Class July 12th

I feel our group was very productive today with our project. As well, I feel personally that I have gained so much more experience with technology.
The class profile was added to our group blog within a link list. We all did research on each disability and found a website that best describes what the disability is, then linked it to the list/class profile we were sent. What a great way for viewers to learn more about all of these disabilities. Our group also continued research on various Assistive Technology that can be used for students within our class profile. We will be working on adding this into our blog over the next couple of days. We are finding a wealth of information on the technology students can use to improve their functioning within the classroom.
We decided as a group that our final product for Project Based Learning will be a blog. We first posted a blog tutorial on our group blog. Our Task Analysis in creating a blog became very long, realizing how much goes into creating one. Through direct & wise instruction from our prof, we will be focusing on one, the Reading aspect that goes into creating a blog. The Reading task analysis itself is in depth and we have begun our research in creating an Inspiration Brainstorm Web to display the information we find. We focused initially on the Sousa article to get the background into the processes of Reading and what is involved in learning how to read. 
I enjoyed experiencing the Elluminate Session today. It was my first time and I found it to have a great value. What a great way to converse, explore and learn with fellow colleagues (from the comfort of your own home even). I also liked the aspect where we were separated into groups or rooms. This would lend itself nicely in a classroom setting where students are working on group projects.
Thank you for this experience today Barb!

No comments:

Post a Comment