I must say I am very excited about this project we are completing in class. After yesterdays colossal mix-up it seemed we would not get this experience. By the end of class I felt more comfortable and confident in project based learning, its benefits and the satisfaction to know we would be apart of something evolutionary.
Reflecting on what I have learned so far about Project Based Learning is that it comes from the students. This in itself demonstrates a personal investment in learning. Students will be completing something to gain meaning, knowledge and understanding. It will not be a task assigned just to meet outcomes. The opportunity to socialize and communicate with their peers will come from the exploration within Project Based Learning. These skills are something that I believe are lacking or beginning to diminish in our youth in todays society.
I saw the benefits first hand yesterday in class as I met new classmates and begun to explore a new focus for our assignment. I look forward to the days ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment